Tips & Notes
Creating a file of translations
You may create a file of translations for the company at the Registrar of Companies, for obtaining certified copies of your memorandum and articles of association in a foreign language, such as English.
In order to do this, the following procedure applies for both manual and online submissions.
- The Memorandum and Articles of Association, which is in the Greek language, is translated into English.
- An affidavit before the competent court is made by the lawyer or other person who translated the Memorandum and Articles of Association stating that:
- he/she has a very good knowledge of both the English and Greek languages and is in a position to translate from one language to another correctly and accurately;
- the enclosed Memorandum and Articles of Association in English (attached as Exhibit A to the affidavit), are an accurate and precise translation of the company’s original Memorandum and Articles of Association in Greek (which are attached as Exhibit B to the affidavit); and
- the translation into English was made by the sworn person and is correct.
- As an alternative to providing an affidavit, the translation can be certified by a sworn translator of the Republic of Cyprus.
- The certified translation, with its attachments, should be submitted by hand or via e-filing at the Registrar of Companies.
Note: It is clarified that once a file of translations is created, it is obligatory for the company to file, along with the submission of any special or ordinary resolution or form HE16, a certified translation of the same document in the English language.