Understanding the European Company
The European Company (Societas Europaea or SE) and the European Economic Interest Grouping (EEIG) are legal entities that may be incorporated in a member state. Depending on your objectives, you can establish an SE or an EEIG, by choosing amongst the different types available whilst taking into consideration the relevant incorporation requirements and corresponding obligations deriving from it.
- What is a European Company?
- Types of European Companies
- Ways to establish a European Company
- Initial and relevant obligations of an SE
- What is a European Economic Interest Grouping (EEIG)?
- Ways of establishing a European Economic Interest Grouping (EEIG)
- Initial and Relevant Obligations of a European Economic Interest Grouping (EEIG)
- Choosing the right type of Business Entity
- Search in the Register of European Companies and European Economic Interest Groupings (EEIG)
- Seeking Professional Advice
European Company Lifecycle
The life cycle of an SE or an EEIG consists of a startup phase, a running and a closing phase.
A step-by-step guide is provided regarding the procedures to be followed at each stage, to assist you in maintaining an updated register to help maintain an updated register of European Companies/EEIG and ensuring the entity's compliance with its obligations to the Registrar of Companies.
Utilize the available electronic services, regarding the name approval for a European Company or a European Economic Interest Grouping, for faster and more efficient processing of requests.
Utilize the quick links available here to gain instant access to popular tasks, such as registration of European companies, updating SE particulars, filing of annual report of SE, registration of EEIG, updating of EEIG’s particulars, as well as obtaining certified copies.
- Searching the Business Entity's Registry
- Incorporation of an SE by merger
- Incorporation of a holding European Company
- Incorporation of a subsidiary European Company
- Updating European Company’s Particulars
- Filing Annual Returns and Financial Statements
- Obtaining European Company’s Certified Copies/Certificates
- Incorporating a European Economic Interest Grouping
- Updating EEIG's Particulars
- Obtaining Certified Copies/Certificates of EEIG
Here, you will find a variety of sources of information, such as, forms and fees, relevant legislation, gazette, statistics, tips and notes, that will assist you in the management of your SE or EEIG.
Officer-Head of name examination unit
- Tel. 22404318
Chief examiner-Head of business entities Compliance
- Tel. 22404425
Officer-Compliance of business entities
- Tel. 22404415
- Tel. 22404360
Assistant examiner-name examination
- Tel. 22404427
- Tel. 22404385
Assistant clerical officer-name examination
- Tel. 22404372